August 14, 2014 1:38 pm
Updated: August 14, 2014 1:48 pm

SSCOPE cleaning up after fire

Fire crews were called to SSCOPE after a fire on August 14, 2014.

Rudi Pawlychyn/Global News

WINNIPEG-A Winnipeg organization that provides employment for people with mental health issues is now looking at a big repair bill after a fire Thursday. 

Fire crews were called to Self Starting Creative Opportunities for People in Employment (SSCOPE) on Arlington Avenue around 6 a.m.

The blaze started in a garbage can in the back alley and spread to the facility. Fire officials couldn’t say what the cause was. There were no injuries in the blaze.

Bob Rempel from SSCOPE tells Global News the fire damaged half of the organization’s lawn care machines as well as two overhead  garage doors. He estimates $40,000 damage was done.


Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.