August 7, 2014 9:18 am
Updated: August 7, 2014 9:23 am

Fire tears through Winnipeg community centre

Josh Arason / Global News

WINNIPEG – A fire caused about $500,000 damage to the Windsor Community Centre overnight.

The fire started in the basement of the St. Vital building, said fire officials, who were called to fight the blaze at around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined. It’s believed no one was inside the 99 Springside Dr. club when it broke out.

The community centre houses a daycare and hosts a summer adventure club, which has been cancelled for the rest of the summer.

A fire caused $500,000 damage to the Windsor Community Club in St. Vital on Wednesday night.

Josh Arason / Global News

© 2014 Shaw Media

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.

Global News