June 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Updated: June 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Oliver home gutted by fire

Courtesy: Jack Bennest, Oliver Daily News

OLIVER — A home in Oliver was completely destroyed by fire Saturday morning.

It sparked just before 9:30 a.m. in the 500 block of Earle Crescent.

The occupants of the home were inside when the blaze started, but did make it out safety.

However, fire officials say the residents then tried to run back into the home to save some of their belongings.

The good news is the residents only suffered some smoke inhalation and minor scrapes.

By the time fire crews arrived the home was fully engulfed in flames.

It’s believed the blaze started in the kitchen and crews aren’t deeming it suspicious.

The house was completely destroyed but firefighters managed to stop the flames before they spread to nearby homes.


Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.

Global News