Watch: Prepare an easy, romantic dinner for two
MONTREAL – Chef Martin Patenaude has shared the recipes for an easy, romantic and gourmet three-course meal to surprise your love on Valentine’s Day.
Lobster Fiorelli a la Vodka
• 1 pkg (500 g) PC BLACK LABEL FIORELLI PASTA
• 3 tbsp. (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, smashed
1. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in large deep frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned; transfer to plate and set aside.
3. Pour in pasta sauce; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in long chive pieces and cooked garlic; cook for 1 minute.
4. Add lobster and any lobster juices; cook for 1 minute or just until heated through.
5. Add pasta and gently stir to coat. Transfer to large serving bowl; sprinkle with chopped chives.
Oysters on the Half-Shell with Lambrusco Grape Mignonette
• 2 tbsp. (25 mL) finely minced shallots
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) PC BLACK LABEL LAMBRUSCO GRAPE CONDIMENT
• 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cracked black pepper
• 24 small fresh oysters
1. In small bowl, combine shallots, grape condiment and pepper; let mignonette sit 20 minutes.
2. Shuck oysters, leaving on the half-shell. On a shallow platter, make a bed of crushed ice. Arrange oysters on top of ice. Serve with mignonette on the side.
• 4 fresh raspberries
• 4 fresh blueberries
• 1 cup (250 mL) chilled dry rosé wine
• 1 cup (250 mL) chilled PC BLACK LABEL PINK LEMONADE SPARKLING BEVERAGE
• 2 mint sprigs
1. Divide berries evenly between two glasses.
2. Pour half of wine in each glass; top with lemonade.
3. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Black Forest Cupcakes
• 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
• 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) icing sugar
• 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC BLACK LABEL COCOA POWDER UNSWEETENED sifted
• 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
• 1 cup (250 mL) PC BLACK LABEL ONTARIO MONTMORENCY SOUR CHERRY FRUIT SPREAD
• 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
• 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two muffin tins with 20 large paper liners.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined. Whisk in 1 cup (250 mL) water, ¾ cup (175 mL) of the fruit spread, oil and vinegar just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips; pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until tester inserted in centre of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in tins on rack for 5 minutes; remove from tins and let cool completely on rack before icing.
4. In food processor, beat together butter, almond extract and remaining fruit spread until smooth. Add icing sugar in 2 batches, blending until smooth. Spread each cupcake with about 1 tbsp. (15 mL) icing.
© 2014 Shaw Media