Saskatoon Transit routes disrupted Wednesday by ATU 615 job action
Two of those buses are on high school routes:
- Route 311 – servicing Aden Bowman, Walter Murray and Holy Cross leaving Taylor Street and Preston Avenue at 3:33 p.m.
- Route 338 – servicing Aden Bowman, Walter Murray and Holy Cross leaving at 3:35 p.m.
Five buses have been cancelled on regular routes:
- Route 20 – South Industrial leaving Melville Street and Brand Road at 4:06 p.m.
- Route 22 – Montgomery via Confederation leaving downtown at 4:01 p.m. and 4:31 p.m.
- Route 23 – Blairmore leaving Confederation at 4:54 p.m.
- Route 23 – leaving Shaw Centre at 5:05 p.m.
Transit officials also said higher passenger volumes two routes from the University of Saskatchewan may result in full buses:
- Route 4 – Willowgrove Square leaving the U of S terminal between 2:48p.m. and 5:48 p.m.
- Route 17 – Stonebridge leaving the U of S terminal between 3:41 p.m. and 5:41 p.m.
City officials said drivers are refusing to work overtime and with the current work to rule campaign, delays, cancellations and overcrowding on other buses is possible.
Transit officials said they are reducing bus frequencies on some routes in response to the refusal of transit drivers to work overtime.
Access Transit is not affected as it is an essential service.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.