One year since the shocking death of ‘Glee’ actor Cory Monteith
Sunday marks one year since the death of Glee star Cory Monteith.
The 31-year old Calgary-born actor died in his hotel room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in downtown Vancouver on July 13, 2013.
Monteith was found dead from a heroin and alcohol overdose.
Items found in the room included two empty champagne bottles, a used needle and a spoon containing drug residue.
Monteith had attended rehab for a drug addiction just three months before his death.
A makeshift memorial sprung up outside the hotel after his death, overflowing with flowers, cards and pictures from fans describing how he touched their lives.
Monteith’s death was ruled an accident by the coroner.
© Shaw Media, 2014