Attention commuters! The Pattullo Bridge will close for three weekends this summer for maintenance.
Translink says the 77-year-old bridge needs repaving and maintenance, dependent on weather.
The bridge will be closed to drivers, cyclists and pedestrians during the following times:
- Friday, July 25 at 8 p.m. to Monday, July 28 at 3 a.m.
- Friday, August 15 at 9 p.m. to Monday, August 18 at 3 a.m.
- Friday, August 29 at 9 p.m. to Monday, September 1 at 3 a.m.
“This maintenance work will help ensure road safety on the bridge. Other structural issues, such as narrow lanes, seismic concerns or the need for barriers to protect pedestrians and cyclists, will not be addressed at this time,” reads a statement from Translink.
Translink says emergency vehicles will still be able to cross the bridge during the closures if necessary.
There will also be changes to bus routes as a result of the closures.
- The N19 NightBus will re-route via the Alex Fraser and Queensborough Bridges
- The #321 on Sunday morning will end at Scott Road
The Pattullo Bridge is due for replacement soon. Translink is working on a plan to replace the bridge with a new four or six lane toll bridge.