Daniel Costa, chef of the hugely popular Corso 32, stops by the Weekend Morning News for Sunday’s cooking segment.
Carne Cruda Piemontese
12 oz Beef Tenderloin
1 Loaf Pugliese Bread or Baguette, cut into 1″ slices
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/4c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 garlic clove, cut in half
2t kosher salt
freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Drizzle or brush a little olive oil over each slice of bread and roast in the oven until golden. Remove from the oven, rub a halved piece of garlic over top of each crostini,
3. Place the meat on 1 large platter, finely grate a generous amount of parmigiano reggiano over top. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper. Arrange the crostini around the meat and serve immediately.
Walnut & Anchovy Pesto Crostini
1/2c Shelled Walnuts
1 bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley removed from stem
4 sprigs Fresh Oregano, removed from stem
4 sprigs Fresh Mint, removed from stem
1 Handful Fresh Basil, removed from stem
1/4c Finely Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
4 Olive Oil Preserved Anchovies, minced
1t Kosher Salt
1 clove garlic, cut in half
1 Loaf Pugliese bread or baguette, cut into 1″ slices
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place the shelled walnuts on a sheet pan, bake in the oven until light golden, approximately 10 minutes. Allow walnuts to cool.
2. On a large cutting board place the parsley, mint, oregano and basil, finely chop with a large knife. Place the chopped herbs in a bowl. Place the walnuts on the cutting board and roughly chop. Add the chopped walnuts to the bowl of herbs.
3. Stir the olive oil, salt and lemon juice into the mixture, stir to combine. Add the grated parmigiano, stir to incorporate. Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
4. Preheat oven to 450, roast the pieces of bread until dark golden. As soon as the bread is removed from the oven rub the halved garlic clove over each slice.
5. Place a spoon full of the pesto on each crostini, serve immediately.
FREE COMIC BOOK DAY – For the 12th year in a row, Happy Harbor Comics presents the largest celebration of comics in Edmonton, with more than 10,000 comics being given away for free to over 2,000 people! Shane speaks with Craig Howrie to learn more about free comic book day.
ANIMAL PROTECTION – Over 600 animal lovers will show their support of recent efforts to change legislation surrounding animal protection laws. Kevin speaks with Kari Mayer about a rally being held at the Alberta Legislature Sunday afternoon.
WINE TIME – Edmonton wine guy Gurvinder Bhatia stops by the Weekend Morning News to talk about Spuntini pairing!
© Shaw Media, 2014