You’re born. You live. And then, you die. But is it as simple as that? Join Bill Kelly and Bob Kemp Hospice as we delve into the grief, the relief, the sadness, and the acceptance of passing away. We’ll look at our final destination with honesty, and humility.
Death – A Part of Life, is a 5-part series heard Wednesdays 11am-12pm on The Bill Kelly Show starting May 31st.
Topics we’ll be covering include:
Week 1: May 31st
- When there is no cure… What happens when you’re told you have a limited amount of time left.
- Caregivers experience: Is healthcare asking too much of caregivers? Are people prepared for the possibility of palliative care?
Week 2: June 7th
- Changes to Palliative Care in Hamilton and Ontario
- Does Fear Control our decisions? In reaching out for palliative care services or just asking for MAiD.
Week 3: June 14th
- Is Palliative a Medical or Social/Spiritual Issue? Building Compassionate Communities.
- Whole Person and Whole Community Palliative Care, accessibility, awareness, who is getting access?
Week 4: June 21st
- The Bucket List – Live like you are dying
- How can those who are in palliative care achieve those dreams they always wanted to chase?
- Advanced Care Planning. As the end nears, how can your family prepare?
Week 5: June 28th
- Good Grief
- Caring for those left behind
- Intersectionality of grief, Children & Family