Advertisement

Port Hope house fire leaves family devastated

A Port Hope, Ont., family continues to struggle after losing everything in a house fire on Saturday afternoon. Fire and emergency services received a 911 from a woman stating her Armour Street home was in flames. Fire crews battled the flames when they arrived, but the damage was done before they got to the scene. Sunday morning, first responders were called back to the scene for more smoke. They worked from the inside to put out the rekindled flames. The cause of the fire is believed to be wiring in the closet. A GoFundMe has been started for the mother, teen, and uncle that lost their family home of many years. It can be found here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/saving-sanders