Ontario Restaurants
-
Ontario to ban unpaid restaurant trial shifts; part of new labour lawOntario is planning to explicitly ban unpaid trial shifts for restaurant and hospitality workers, while also strengthening rules against deducting employee wages.CanadaNov 14, 2023
-
‘Hopefully this is the last time’: Ontario businesses reopen with cautious optimismThe reopening marked the first step in Ontario's plan to gradually roll back public health measures brought in early this month.EconomyJan 31, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
Here’s what’s open at 50% capacity in Ontario on Jan. 31 as restrictions easeThe Ontario government is scaling back COVID-19 restrictions on many businesses in the first phase of a 21-day interval reopening plan that takes effect Monday.HealthJan 31, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
Ontario to reopen restaurant dining at 50% capacity beginning Jan. 31, sources sayOntario will reopen restaurants to in-person dining at 50 per cent capacity at the end of the month, senior government sources confirmed on background to Global News.EconomyJan 19, 2022
-
‘Can’t guarantee’ that business restrictions will start to be lifted on Jan. 26: Ontario top docBusinesses are calling on the Ontario government to announce if establishments shuttered under the latest pandemic restrictions will be allowed to reopen Jan. 26.EconomyJan 13, 2022
-
-
Ontario businesses want more government support amid latest COVID shutdownOntario businesses were hit with another round of pandemic-related closures and capacity restrictions, but details of financial support remained scant as the measures took effect.EconomyJan 5, 2022
-
-
Restaurant group slams Ontario’s latest COVID restrictions on foodservice industry"Once again, Ontario makes a move that will irreparably harm our industry without any consultation," Restaurants Canada said.CanadaJan 3, 2022
-
Ontario businesses prepare for ‘kick-back’ a week before new vaccination requirements begin“Who's going to come if someone starts yelling at a server or yelling at the manager for not being allowed to come in?”HealthSep 15, 2021
-
-
Advertisement
-
Restaurant industry calls on financial support from Ontario governmentOntario's restaurant industry is demanding the provincial government pick up a $100-million tab following the abrupt closure of indoor and outdoor dining last week.HealthApr 6, 2021
-
-
Advertisement
-
‘Light at the end of the tunnel’: Outdoor dining now permitted across OntarioJames Rilett, vice-president of Central Canada for Restaurants Canada, says the change gets food service operators back in the business of serving people.HealthMar 22, 2021
Trending
-
Canada warns First Nations people to carry passport when crossing U.S. border8,696 Read -
Free room and board? 60% of Canadian parents to offer it during post-secondary4,158 Read -
Federal government raises concerns over OpenAI safety measures after B.C. tragedy1,570 Read -
Abandoned baby monkey Punch dragged by older macaque in heartbreaking video1,476 Read -
Tumbler Ridge shooter’s ChatGPT activity flagged internally 7 months before tragedy1,431 Read -
Climber convicted of manslaughter after leaving girlfriend to die on mountain1,175 Read -
Top Videos
-
Peterborough man charged after alleged assault of sidewalk snowplow operator36 Viewed -
Tumbler Ridge shooter’s ChatGPT activity flagged last June13 Viewed -
Ford says he faced ‘massive pressure’ from colleges, universities to increase tuition9 Viewed -
Global News Peterborough Update 1: Sept. 6, 20237 Viewed
-
Global National: Feb 217 Viewed -
Trump enacts new 15% tariffs after U.S. Supreme Court rules existing tariffs illegal5 Viewed -