Dr. Kieran Moore
-
3 years into COVID-19: Local health unit reflects, ongoing academic struggles for studentsThe MLHU COVID-19 dashboard reported that 48,725 cases have been reported in London and Middlesex County, as well as 527 related deaths since the start of the pandemic.CanadaMar 10, 2023
-
Don’t let public health fall victim to boom and bust cycles: Ontario’s top doctor"It seems impossible that we could forget the hard lessons that COVID-19 taught us about the importance of being prepared. But history has often proved otherwise."HealthMar 7, 2023
-
-
Advertisement
-
Flu season may have peaked, Ontario’s top doctor saysChief medical officer of health Dr. Kieran Moore believes flu season hit its apex in recent days and says there has also been a slight decrease in respiratory syncytial virus.HealthDec 15, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
Ontario CMOH attended gathering unmasked days after masking recommendationPremier Ford quickly sprang to Dr. Moore's defence, indicating that the province's top doctor was simply following provincial rules.HealthNov 18, 2022
-
Masking a ‘personal choice,’ Ontario health minister says in contrast to top doctorA masked Sylvia Jones is defending the majority of her Progressive Conservative colleagues who did not wear masks in the legislature today — including Premier Doug Ford.CanadaNov 15, 2022
-
-
Ontario considering letting pharmacists prescribe Paxlovid for COVID-19: MooreOntario is considering allowing pharmacists to prescribe the COVID-19 treatment drug Paxlovid in order to expand access, the province's top doctor says.HealthNov 6, 2022
-
-
Ontario’s top doc weighs bad upcoming flu season in decision on mask recommendationsDr. Kieran Moore says the dominant flu strain this season is a bad one and the influenza season is expected to start picking up in the next couple of weeks.HealthNov 2, 2022
-
Ontario weighs declaring monkeypox outbreak over, Moore saysDr. Kieran Moore said last month that the number of active cases peaked in mid-July.HealthOct 14, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
COVID-19: MLHU announces rollout of bivalent booster doses in London and MiddlesexThe province announced its rollout of the bivalent doses on Monday, with those considered most vulnerable eligible first. All Ontario adults will be eligible as of Sept. 26.HealthSep 12, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
Ontario top doc doesn’t expect a return to broad COVID restrictions, though masking may be needed"I don't see the place for any further public health measures at a population level in Ontario given the high level of protection that we have," Dr. Kieran Moore said.HealthAug 31, 2022
Trending
-
McDonald’s worker charged after allegedly contaminating french fries10,029 Read -
U.S. says foreigners now must apply for green card from their home country5,508 Read -
Illegal cigarettes with ‘gigantic’ profit margin are costing Canadians billions4,262 Read -
Ebola outbreak ‘spreading rapidly’ as suspected cases rise, WHO head says3,859 Read -
Alberta separatists should aim to win fall vote and respect the result: Danielle Smith2,513 Read -
Australian man dead after 400-metre fall during hike on Peru’s Inca trail2,340 Read -