Durham Regional Police say a 12-year-old boy was charged after a replica firearm was pointed “in a threatening manner while causing property damage” in Oshawa earlier this week.
Police said the incident happened on Sept. 16 at around 5:25 p.m. in the Mary Street North and Taunton Road area.
Get breaking National news
Investigators allege a boy went up to a home and began kicking the front door.
When the homeowner opened the door, police allege the youth pulled out a black BB pellet gun from his backpack and then pointed it at the homeowner.
The youth then fled but was later arrested.
A 12-year-old boy from Oshawa is facing several charges including pointing a firearm, assault with a weapon, possessing a weapon for committing an offence, mischief under $5,000 and failure to comply with an undertaking.
- ‘It’s never too late’: Savannah Guthrie issues new plea in search for mother
- Tumbler Ridge school shooting suspect was ‘hunting,’ RCMP says
- Tumbler Ridge shooting fuels misinformation about trans people, organization says
- They ‘ran into gunfire’: Impact of the Tumbler Ridge shooting on first responders
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.