LAC-MEGANTIC, Que. – The Transportation Safety Board of Canada says it is wrapping up its on-site operations in the devastated town of Lac-Megantic.
Investigators held a news conference this morning and said they have completed their examination of the wreckage scene from last month’s deadly train derailment.
They say the next steps will include the analysis of metallurgical samples, damage records and photographs at the TSB laboratory in Ottawa.
They will also take a closer look at the viability of the tank cars involved in the derailment.
Lead investigator Donald Ross says the probe will will take several months.
Forty-seven people were killed when a train carrying crude oil derailed in downtown Lac-Megantic on July 6 and exploded into massive fireballs.