Alberta Health said Monday that 39 new lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases had been reported, bringing the total number of active cases in the province to 1,036.
One more person died since Sunday’s update.
Alberta Health said 5,519 people have recovered from the virus.
The province said, as of Monday, there have been 641 cases from an unknown exposure.
“Alberta’s COVID-19 hospitalization rates remain low, with 65 people currently in hospital, nine of whom are in intensive care,” it said in a news release.
- 836 active cases and 3,675 recovered cases in Calgary zone
- 109 active cases and 1,093 recovered cases in South zone
- 58 active cases and 448 recovered cases in Edmonton zone
- 18 active cases and 196 recovered cases in North zone
- 10 active cases and 88 recovered cases in Central zone
- Five active cases and 19 recovered cases in yet-to-be-confirmed zones
The province’s latest death was a woman in her 70s at Intercare Brentwood in Calgary, Alberta Health said.
Alberta’s COVID-19 death toll has reached 128, according to the province:
- 92 in Calgary zone
- 15 in North zone
- 12 in Edmonton zone
- eight in South zone
- one in Central zone
There are 93 active cases and 596 recovered cases at continuing care facilities in the province; 94 residents have died, Alberta Health said.View link »