Husky Energy has restarted production at its southern drill centre in the White Rose oil field following a major oil spill off the coast of Newfoundland last fall that halted all operations.
A Wednesday statement from the company said production began after leak testing in accordance with the plan approved by the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board.
Get breaking National news
Another drill centre at the site restarted production in January.
READ MORE: Husky Energy chops $1.7B from 5 year plan, focuses on investor returns
Husky has been working to resume production after a November incident that saw 250,000 litres of oil leaked into the ocean, making it the largest oil spill in the history of the province’s offshore industry.
- Saskatchewan’s hospital safety review expected to cost $1 million
- Saskastchewan Roughriders prepare for first CFL game in Saskatoon in 35 years
- ‘Completely ridiculous’: $547,000 in B.C. government funding for 2 tenants in Vancouver SRO
- Quebecer graduating from Polytechnique with service dog who attended every class
The faulty flowline connector believed to be responsible was retrieved earlier this year.
READ MORE: MEG Energy posts larger-than-expected loss despite bitumen price increase
A spokesperson at the petroleum board said the regulator’s investigation into the November oil spill is ongoing.
Comments
Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.