Menu

Topics

Connect

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.

Coroner says stroke, not vaping, took life of Delta teen

WATCH:A coroner's report has revealed new information on the death of 14-year-old Kyle Losse, who collapsed at his family's home while possibly vaping. Grace Ke reports – Aug 28, 2018

A coroner has determined cause of death in the case of 14-year-old Kyle Losse of Delta.

Story continues below advertisement

The young athlete was taken off life support in January, after he was found on a bathroom floor calling out for his father.

READ MORE: Questions surround the sudden death of a teen baseball star from Delta, B.C.

A vape was found next to the boy when his parents found him. Losse’s death triggered calls for stronger regulations around e-cigarettes.

But the coroner’s report classifies cause of death as “natural,” a stroke, which is highly unusual in someone that young.

The coroner says there is no indication the vaping device contributed to the cause of death.

According to the family, Kyle had just gotten the e-cigarette the weekend before his death taking them by surprise. In B.C. you have to be over 19 to buy one.

The vape was purchased for him by an acquaintance’s father. That man’s name has been passed on to Delta Police.

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: Teen baseball player’s stepmom calls for stronger vaping regulations after his death

Advertisement

You are viewing an Accelerated Mobile Webpage.

View Original Article