Recipe: Chocolate Pear Hand Pies
Courtesy of Pie Girl Bakes
I had heard rumblings about the glory of pairing pears and chocolate in pie. I mean, they’re both two delicious things so how could it not be amazing?
No seriously… It’s REALLY GOOD. Especially when in these adorable hand pies for Valentine’s Day (or Easter or Christmas? Start taking down your ideas!).
I also loved how portable these hand pies are. They’re so easy to just hold in your hand and completely devour in five seconds while watching Netflix with bae (or by yourself. Any situation really).
Some ingredient notes, I used a combination of bartlett and bosc pears. For chocolate, I used semi sweet chocolate chips but if you have some REALLY good chocolate laying around (like some Valrhona discs…) you should totally go for it.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup butter (straight from the fridge, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup vinegar (I use cider vinegar, mix it in the water)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 cups peeled, cored and diced Bartlett or Bosc pears (this should be a relatively fine dice, see pictures below)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Click here for full baking instructions and further details
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.