September 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Polish metal band Decapitated accused of sexually assaulting fan following concert

Polish death metal band named Decapitated.


The four members of Polish metal band Decapitated, named Michal Lysejko, Waclaw Kieltyka, Rafal Piotrowski, and Hubert Wiecek, were arrested in Los Angeles on charges of first-degree kidnapping on Saturday, Sept. 9.

The arrest was following an incident that allegedly took place after their Aug. 31 show at the Pin in Spokane, Wash.

READ MORE: Kid Rock delivers political speech during Detroit concert amid protest

Story continues below

A woman claimed she was held against her will, leading the Spokane Police Department to coordinate with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s office to place the band members in custody.

The four men were on tour in the United States at the time. The Spokesman-Review reports that the woman says in court documents that the band gang-raped her on their tour bus.

According to court documents, the woman says the band members invited her and a friend on their bus after the show and while on the bus, the woman alleges she was groped by Lysejko and then followed into the bathroom by lead singer Piotrowski.

READ MORE: Usher responds to lawsuit alleging he exposed people to herpes

The court documents say she “attempted to push Piotrowski away but he grabbed her arm and spun her around to where she was facing the sink and mirror in the bathroom,” after which the band members took turns raping her.

The friend was allegedly asked by Piotrowski to perform oral sex on him and when she refused, she was reportedly “pushed to the ground and received bruises to her knees and shins.”

The friend left the tour bus without the woman and drove away, later being pulled over on suspicion of driving under the influence.

READ MORE: Rebel Wilson awarded over $4M in defamation case

The documents say the women spent an “unknown amount of time” on the bus before being carried out by Kieltyka and another male.

She called 911 and was picked up by police about three kilometres from the venue. When the police went to the Pin to investigate, the tour bus had apparently already left.

Police noted that the woman had “significant bruising to her upper arms consistent with being restrained” as well as “small abrasions to her knuckles that were scabbed over” when she was picked up.

The court documents say that the members of Decapitated gave varying accounts as to what happened on the night of Aug. 31.

READ MORE: Woman arrested, accused of trying to break into Prince George’s school

Lysejko “made no comment other than he did not know who the girls were” when shown photos of the women. He refused to speak without a translator.

Kieltyka told authorities “both Piotrowski and Wiecek engaged in sex acts” with the woman, while Piotrowski and Wiecek said the women had been on the bus but were unclear as to what exactly happened. They both declined to give a DNA sample.

Steve Graham, the defence lawyer representing Decapitated, said “Decapitated plan to fully fight the allegations that are brought against them, and we are fully confident that the other side of this story will be heard.”

© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.