Alberta RCMP investigate report that Halloween candy made child sick
A child who went trick-or-treating in the central Alberta community of Clive became sick after eating Halloween candy, according to a parent who alerted the RCMP.
Blackfalds RCMP said the candy was a Loonie-sized orange sugar candy with a black centre (see photo).
“We are urging people to discard any candy that matches that description and only consume items which do not appear to have been tampered with,” police said in a statement Wednesday afternoon.
The child showed symptoms including pale skin, dilated pupils and broke out into a sweat, according to the report.
While they hadn’t received any other complaints, RCMP are asking anyone with information to call the Blackfalds detachment at 403-885-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
RCMP in Cochrane, Alta. also warned residents Wednesday after sewing needles were found in chocolate bars handed out on Halloween. Okotoks police then issued a warning after a razor blade was reported in a child’s trick-or-treat bag, and Calgary police confirmed they were investigating after sewing pins were found in small-sized chocolate bars.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.