Here’s what Kim Kardashian West ate every day to lose 60 pounds post-baby
No more than 1,700 calories, 64 ounces of water and plenty of lean meats with little room for carbohydrates. Kim Kardashian West lost 60 pounds of pregnancy weight over the past few months following a strict diet and workout plan.
In December, the reality TV star gave birth to her second child, Saint. Since then, she’s made weight loss and toning up a priority, she told PEOPLE magazine in an interview.
“Anyone who has had kids knows your body changes, and it’s hard to get your body back in shape,” the 35-year-old told the U.S. outlet.
“It takes so much determination, and mental and physical power and energy,” she said.
READ MORE: Do fad diets followed by celebrities work?
She told the magazine she was sticking to the Atkins 40 diet, a low-carb diet in which its users stick to eating vegetables, lean meats, fish and plant-based protein and healthy fats, including olive oil, avocado and nuts. Atkins allows dairy, including whole Greek yogurt and hard and soft cheeses, along with most fruits and some whole grains.
It only allows 40 grams of carbohydrates.
Kardashian-West provided three days of food diary entries to the magazine.
Her daily breakfasts include:
- Scrambled eggs with turkey sausage and smoked Gouda, with four ounces of Greek yogurt and one-third cup of fresh blueberries
- Chicken chorizo with cauliflower sauté, cheese and salsa
- Green chili, cheese, eggs and arugula, with a slice of honeydew melon
Her daily lunches include:
- Grilled lime chicken over spinach salad with a feta-ranch dressing
- Turkey burger with chipotle aioli, tomatoes, pickles and onions
- Zucchini noodles with spicy chicken sausage
Her daily dinners include:
- Grilled chicken with cauliflower mac and cheese
- Slow roasted lemon rosemary chicken with asparagus with a third of a cup of rice
- Lemon thyme halibut with sautéed green beans
And her snacks include:
- One medium carrot with four tablespoons of hummus
- Half of a small apple with two ounces of cheddar cheese
- Vanilla coffee frappe
In these examples, her daily calorie intake is between 1,504 and 1,699. Keep in mind, Kardashian West works out daily. The average woman should be eating about 2,000 calories a day.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.