Global BC wins 7 RTDNA awards
Global BC has been recognized with a total of seven awards at the B.C. Region Radio Television Digital News Association Awards.
Randene Neill took home two awards for her reporting while online producers Justin McElroy and Jon Azpiri captured a digital sports award for their online story about the history of the NBA’s Vancouver Grizzlies. McElroy also won a data journalism award for his project on B.C.’s deadliest highways.
Former assignment editor Clive Jackson, who retired from Global BC last summer after 25 years, won the BC region lifetime achievement award.
“It’s actually a nice award but I accept it not on my behalf but on behalf of all the great reporters…the cameramen, the producers, the editors,” Jackson said. “It’s a team effort and it’s a team that puts it together. I considered myself a conductor of an orchestra and I had some great soloists to play with. It was fantastic.”
Full list of awards
- Adrienne Clarkson Award – Diversity — Global BC, Making History
- Charlie Edwards Award – Spot News — Global BC, Tofino Tragedy
- Data Storytelling Award — Global BC, 12 Deadliest Highways
- Sports Award – Large Market — Global BC, An Oral History of the Vancouver Grizzlies
WATCH: The most dangerous roads in the province
- Dave Rogers Award (Large Market) Short Feature — Global BC, Giddy Grandma
- Dave Rogers Award (Large Market) – Long Feature — Global BC, Transforming Healthcare: St. Paul’s Hospital
WATCH: Video of 101-year-old B.C. woman playing in the snow goes viral
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Clive Jackson
WATCH: Influential journalist Clive Jackson retires
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.