Out with the old, in with the new – Riders revamp coaching staff for 2016 season
REGINA – The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced their coaching staff for the 2016 season and it looks a lot like the crew that won the Eskimos the Grey Cup in 2015.
On Wednesday Riders Head Coach/GM Chris Jones announced that Stephen McAdoo will be the team’s Offensive Coordinator and Craig Dickenson is coming back to the Riders to be the team’s Special Teams coordinator.
McAdoo has been coaching football for the last 16 years and for the past two seasons he’s been the Eskimos Offensive Coordinator. Before that he was the Argos offensive line coach from 2010 to 2013.
Dickenson will be coming back to Riderville for his second tour of duty with the Riders after being here for the 2011 and 2012 seasons. This will be Dickenson’s 14th season as a coach.
Below is the rest of the coach staff for the Riders, all coming from the Eskimos:
- Stephen McAdoo – Offensive coordinator & assistant head coach
- Craig Dickenson – Special teams coordinator
- Jarious Jackson – Quarterbacks coach & passing game coordinator
- Mike Scheper – Offensive line coach
- Phillip Lolley – Linebackers coach
- Jason Shivers – Defensive backs coach
- Ed Philion – Defensive line coach
- Craig Davoren – Running backs coach & special teams assistant