May 29, 2014 6:36 am

One person dead, 3 injured, after carbon monoxide leak in Toronto building

File photo

File / Global News

TORONTO – One person is dead following a carbon monoxide incident at an apartment building in east end Toronto.

Firefighters and paramedics called to the building on Wednesday afternoon found one person without vital signs and three others injured.

The victim was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

Fire crews are blaming a pressure washer that was being used in the building’s basement for the carbon monoxide leak.

Some apartments were evacuated while the gas was cleared and the residents were being sheltered in buses.

© 2014 The Canadian Press

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.