Winnipeg’s hottest day of the year: A record breaking Sept. 12
Sept. 12 was a record breaking day in southern Manitoba with multiple records broken, and Winnipeg reaching its highest temperatures of the year.
The hottest temperatures in the country were in southern Manitoba on Tuesday. Carman was the Canadian hot spot reaching 36.0 Celsius.
In all, nine new records were set including the city of Winnipeg. The hottest day in Winnipeg in 2017 until this point was June 2 when temperatures reached 34.5 C.
Here is a list of the record temperatures broken across southern Manitoba from Environment Canada.
- New record of 36.0
- Old record of 29.5 set in 2006
- Records started in 1990
- New record of 30.8
- Old record of 29.4 set in 1968
- Records started in 1891
- Fisher Branch
- New record of 30.2
- Old record of 28.0 set in 1998
- Records started in 1977
- New record of 31.6
- Old record of 28.5 set in 1995
- Records started in 1944
- New record of 34.0
- Old record of 28.9 set in 1995
- Records started in 1955
- Island Lake
- New record of 23.7
- Old record of 23.4 set in 1998
- Records started in 1971
- Pilot Mound
- New record of 33.0
- Old record of 31.1 set in 1952
- Records started in 1938
- New record of 31.4
- Old record of 28.9 set in 1966
- Records started in 1964
- Portage la Prairie
- New record of 33.4
- Old record of 31.7 set in 1908
- Records started in 1886
- New record of 34.8
- Old record of 33.3 set in 1952
- Records started in 1872
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.