May 19, 2017 10:22 am
Updated: May 19, 2017 10:23 am

North Hamilton home gutted by fire, no one hurt

Firefighters determined the cause of the house fire was a malfunctioning electrical appliance.

900 CHML
A A

No one was hurt, but damage is extensive, following a house fire in north Hamilton.

Flames were shooting from the third-floor windows of the 2.5-storey detached home on Catharine Street North by the time firefighters arrived just before 10:30 a.m. Thursday.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze and made sure the fire didn’t spread to neighbouring homes.

Damage is estimated at $300,000.

Fire officials say the cause of the fire has been determined to be a malfunctioning electrical appliance.

The Red Cross is assisting the occupants with alternate accommodation.

© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.