Boil water order dropped for community south of Red Deer
A boil water order issued earlier this week for the community of Springbrook, in Red Deer County, was dropped Friday afternoon.
Alberta Health Services issued the order on Wednesday after a fire at the pumphouse. There were concerns over the safety of the drinking water.
Residents were ordered to boil their water for at least one minute before any consumption.
On Friday afternoon, Alberta Emergency Alert issued a notice to say the order had been dropped.
Residents and businesses in Springbrook are asked to do the following before using the water:
- Flush all water fixtures for five minutes
- Run all cold water faucets and drinking fountains for five minutes
- Drain and flush ice-making systems in your refrigerator
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45 C
- Drain all cisterns and flush with clean water
- Backwash pool filters and change media or water
Springbrook is located about 10 kilometres south of Red Deer.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.