GLOBAL EDMONTON – BUTTERDOME CRAFT SALE GIVEAWAY RULES AND REGULATIONS
THESE RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE BUTTERDOME CRAFT SALE GIVEAWAY CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) THAT MAY BE ENTERED THROUGH THE “CONTEST” LINK ON THE CONTEST WEBSITE (AS DEFINED BELOW) HELD BY GLOBAL TELEVISION EDMONTON. THE CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN ALBERTA OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTESTS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of the province of Alberta; and
- be eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry.
Employees of Corus Entertainment Ltd., their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, including, but not limited to, employees of Global Television, and their advertising and promotional agencies (all such entities being individually and collectively referred to hereafter as “the Sponsor“), and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIODS. The contest starts on WEDNESDAY, November 29, 2016 at 5:00 am and ends on FRIDAY, December 1, 2016 at 12:00 pm.
- HOW TO ENTER.
- No purchase necessary. To enter, watch the Morning News on Global Edmonton and when cued, go to the ”Contest” link at Globalnews.ca/edmonton (the “Contest Website”) and fill out and submit an entry form as instructed.
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per person per Contest. In the case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered and the remainder will be void.
(c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received prior to the deadline for entry for that Contest. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential prize winner.
(d) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purposes of these Contests, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- There is one (1) Prize available to be won. The Contest Prize will consist of four (4) tickets to the Butterdome Craft Sale at the University of Alberta Butterdome December 1 4, 2016 and a prize package consisting of products from Butterdome Craft Sale Vendors and Artisans; approximate value $500 (five hundred dollars CDN). Winner shall not be entitled to receive the difference between the actual prize value and the approximate prize value.
- Winner will be contacted by the Sponsors with instructions on how to claim the Prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
- On or about 12:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, following the end of the applicable entry period each day, a random draw will be held by a representative of the Sponsor, where one (1) entrant will be selected as a potential prize winner from all eligible entries received for that Contest. All remaining entries will not be carried over to the next Contest.
- Odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Contest.
- Before being declared a winner, the selected potential prize winner shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail and to sign and return the Release (described below).
- If the selected entrant does not respond within three (3) days of notification, they will be disqualified and another eligible entrant may be selected (in the Sponsors’ sole discretion) by random draw as a potential prize winner until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein and the prize is awarded.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contests, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.
- RELEASE. Winners (and if applicable, any guest of the Winner) will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contests, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right to publish, broadcast, or exhibit his or her name, photograph, likeness, comments and voice in any and all media in connection with publicity related to the Contest. The executed Release(s) must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or verification as a winner, or the selected individual(s) will be disqualified and any rights he or she may have to the prize will be forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contests, entrants release and hold Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contests, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrants agree to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contests, without limitation.
8 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contests or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contests. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials related to the Contests. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contests, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contests cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contests and/or the Contest Website.
- CONDUCT. By participating in the Contests, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contests the Contest Website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CANADA.COM OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner (and his or her Guest, if applicable) must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the prize package and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and/or locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the location, any Winner and/or his or her Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or guest.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law]; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. SHAW MEDIA is a trade-mark of Shaw Cablesystems G.P., used under license.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. NO ASSOCIATION. SIGNATURES SHOWS LTD and/or THE BUTTERDOME CRAFT SALE are not in any way associated with the programs owned or operated by SHAW MEDIA, nor are the producers or distributors of such programs associated in any way with the Contest.