ABOVE: Today is another busy day of events for the mayor – even as he refuses to answer important questions
TORONTO – Mayor Rob Ford cancelled an interview late Wednesday evening with Global News anchor Leslie Roberts scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
His staff says he wants to “focus on the campaign.”
“We’ve had a change of heart and feel that Rob has said all he has to say and he wants to focus on the campaign so he won’t be doing any more interviews,” Ford’s communications director Jeff Silverstein told Roberts Wednesday night.
The latest cancellation is the second time Wednesday his staff cancelled an interview with Roberts. An interview was originally scheduled last week for Wednesday morning before his staff said the mayor wouldn’t do five interviews in one day.
Watch: Leslie Roberts talks about Rob Ford’s cancelled interviews.
Roberts later agreed to a rescheduled interview for Thursday afternoon at the mayor’s office.
He did do two interviews, one with CBC and another with CP24, before cancelling interviews with Global News and CTV.
But in the weeks leading up to the mayor’s return from rehab, his brother and campaign manager, Councillor Doug Ford, first promised sit-down, one-on-one interviews with every interested media outlet before scaling back that promise to include a select few – but that select few shrank further as his staff cancelled already-scheduled interviews.
© Shaw Media, 2014