Wynne accepts candidates’ apologies for ‘inappropriate’ posts
Watch video above: Political gaffes can sometimes define a campaign. Jackson Proskow reports.
STONEY CREEK – Premier Kathleen Wynne says she has accepted apologies from two Liberal candidates over “inappropriate” postings on Facebook.
On Monday, Wynne said she had spoken to Niagara West-Glanbrook candidate David Mossey about what she called an “inappropriate picture” on his Facebook page.
The post, which was pointed out to the media by the Progressive Conservatives, was from March last year and showed two photographs of women’s bikini-clad behinds with the words “no squats” and “squats” above them, in reference to the exercise move.
Wynne said Mossey has acknowledged that it was an inappropriate picture, taken down the post and has apologized.
Wynne also had to defend another Ottawa-area Liberal candidate on Saturday over a Facebook post.
The January post by Jack Uppal joked about the differences between men and women and included lines about women being unable to find solutions to problems.
Wynne said she had accepted Uppal’s apology and that he had taken the remarks down.
Both Uppal and Mossey are still running for office.
© 2014 The Canadian Press