Paul Bernardo
-
Serial killer Paul Bernardo denied parole for 3rd timeVictim impact statements delivered so far include those from Kristen French's mother Donna French, who spoke of the "senseless and brutal" loss her family endured.CanadaNov 26, 2024
-
Paul Bernardo parole hearing ‘working to accommodate’ victims’ families in personA lawyer representing the families of Bernardo's teenage victims earlier said his clients' requests to attend the parole hearing in person had been denied.CanadaNov 20, 2024
-
-
Advertisement
-
Maximum-security prison that held killers Magnotta, Pickton evacuated due to wildfiresA Quebec prison that once housed Luka Magnotta and Robert Pickton has been evacuated due to wildfire. Corrections Canada has notified victims of the people held at the facility.CanadaJun 23, 2024
-
-
Advertisement
-
More transparency needed after high-profile prison transfers: ex-watchdogHoward Sapers, a former Correctional Investigator of Canada, says Canadians deserve to know more about the law and why corrections officials make their decisions.CanadaMay 19, 2024
-
CSC told staff not to inform public about Luka Magnotta transfer: docsNewly released documents show Correctional Service Canada instructed staff not to tell the public about Luka Magnotta's transfer to a medium security prison.CanadaMay 14, 2024
-
-
Luka Magnotta transfer under scrutiny as MPs vote to call officialsThe head of Canada’s correctional services will face questions over notorious killer Luka Magnotta’s prison transfer, MPs decided in a testy committee meeting Monday.CanadaMar 11, 2024
-
-
Luka Magnotta transfer was flagged twice to then-minister’s office: CSCA year before the transfer of Paul Bernardo to a medium-security prison ignited a firestorm, the then-public safety minister's office was told about plans to move Luka Magnotta.CanadaMar 5, 2024
-
Dangerous offenders like Paul Bernardo warrant tougher transfer rules: lawyerThe lawyer for the families of two of Paul Bernardo's victims is calling on prison transfer rules to be changed to account for inmates who pose no chance of rehabilitation.CanadaDec 4, 2023
-
-
Advertisement
-
Bernardo victims’ friends say prison transfer forced them to relive traumaTim Danson, the lawyer representing the families of Paul Bernardo’s murder victims, will speak to MPs Wednesday about the transfer of inmates.CanadaNov 29, 2023
-
-
Advertisement
-
Panel begins review into victim services in wake of Paul Bernardo transferPaul Bernardo has been serving a life sentence for the kidnappings, tortures and murders of teenagers Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy in the early 1990s.CanadaNov 27, 2023
Trending
-
Trump’s 50% tariffs are set to hit Canada in hours. There’s still no deal16,568 Read -
Actor Hayden Panettiere dead at 3616,283 Read -
Hayden Panettiere’s ex Wladimir Klitschko posts tribute to late actor14,079 Read -
Jann Arden shares pictures of wedding to Icelandic author Thordis Elva12,833 Read -
Iranian regime member deported from Canada, CBSA confirms8,637 Read -
Where Trump’s looming 50% tariffs could hit consumers hardest4,873 Read -
Top Videos
-
Global News at 6 Toronto: Aug. 17, 2026 -
1 dead after cooking-related fire at Toronto apartment building -
Canadian broadcasting legend Lloyd Robertson dies at 92
-
Olivia Chow finally confirms she’s running for a second term at Toronto’s Mayor -
Toronto fire crews melt Drake ice sculpture -
Toronto man who killed 2 strangers 2 days apart found guilty of first-degree murder -
Toronto kicks-off spring cleanup campaign -
Toronto man found guilty of murdering husband in 2021 -
U.S. consulate in Toronto hit by gunfire, police declare national security incident -
Metrolinx sheds 400-plus consultants, some move to become VPs -