Glenelm School roof catches fire

Insulation at Glenelm School caught fire Tuesday morning, forcing an evacuation. Global News

WINNIPEG — It was more than a fire drill for students at Glenelm School in Elmwood Tuesday morning.

Insulation on the roof caught fire just after 10 a.m.

Construction crews were doing work on the building at the time.

The school was quickly evacuated and students were taken to a nearby church.

The district fire chief said the fire was put out quickly and air quality inside the school is safe.

The damage was limited to the roof and students were taken back to class at around 11 a.m.

Sponsored content