A man has been taken to hospital after a shooting in Toronto, police say.
In a tweet at 6:45 p.m. on Monday, Toronto police said the incident occurred in the Scarlett Road and Eglinton Avenue West area.
Police received reports that someone had been shot in the area. When officers arrived, they located a man with a gunshot wound, according to a tweet.
Get daily National news
His injuries appeared to be serious, and paramedics took the victim to hospital, police said.
In an update, police said two vehicles may have been involved in the incident, labelling it a “possible driveby shooting.”
Toronto police downgraded the victim’s injuries to minor in the update.
Officers urged the public to “use caution in the area.”
— with files from Global News’ Isaac Callan
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.