Firefighters say a downtown Hamilton home suffered “significant damage” following a blaze late Sunday night.
A spokesperson for Hamilton Fire said crews were called out just after 11 p.m. to a residence on Charlton Avenue near MacNab Street.
A firefighter and one other person were sent to hospital for minor injuries suffered during the fire. Both have since been released.
“During the overhaul a portion of a ceiling collapsed injuring a firefighter,” Assistant Deputy Chief told Global News in an email.
“He was sent to hospital for assessment and released.”
Investigators say the blaze is not suspicious and estimate the damage to the home to be in the neighbourhood of $400,000.
A space heater is believed to have been the cause, according to Hamilton Fire.