PC Becky Druhan has been elected for the riding of Lunenburg West.
Liberal Mark Furey was re-elected in the riding with 47.1 per cent of the vote in 2017, but did not run for re-election.
The South Shore riding includes the bustling town of Bridgewater, as well as the communities of LaHave and Hebbville.
Industry in the riding is dominated by retail and trade. Two major employers in the riding are tire manufacturer Michelin and call centres.
Liberal: Jennifer Naugler
- Served as a member of the South Shore Regional School Board and has a local media company, Simply Local Life, that creates digital content to highlight the South Shore
Progressive Conservative: Becky Druhan
- A lawyer, and has volunteered and served on the boards of various associations, including Friends of Keji Cooperating Association and the Eastern Admiralty Law Association
NDP: Merydie Ross
- Worked for a number of community and environmental organizations, including Bluenose Coastal Action Foundation, Clean Foundation, and the Mi’kmaq-Nova Scotia-Canada Tripartite Forum
- In 2013, she worked on the campaign to elect Liberal MLA Mark Furey
Green: Eric Wade
- A client advisor with RBC and a former business development leader for Kangaroo Rewards and WestJet flight attendant
- Ran for Bridgewater Town Council in 2020
Liberal Mark Furey was re-elected in the riding with 47.1 per cent of the vote in 2017. In the last four elections, the riding has voted in a candidate from the governing party.
The Liberals held the riding throughout the 1990s. It has only elected an NDP MLA once.