Police cordon off Trina Hunt’s home, tow vehicle from Mission property

Click to play video: 'Police search two homes in connection with Trina Hunt murder investigation'
Police search two homes in connection with Trina Hunt murder investigation
More than a month after homicide investigators confirmed the death of Trina Hunt, the Port Moody home she shared with her husband was behind police tape Saturday - while members of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team searched a home in Mission owned by Iain Hunt's parents. Kristen Robinson reports. – Jun 5, 2021

Days after the family of Trina Hunt posted a $50,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and charges in her homicide, police were seen attending her former home and a property linked to her husband.

Marked Port Moody Police cruisers were outside the Heritage Mountain property where she lived, and officers could be seen going in and out of the home, which stood behind police tape on Saturday.

RCMP and IHIT were also seen at the Mission home of Hunt’s husband Iain’s parents, where he has reportedly been staying.

A tow truck removed a vehicle from the mission home that Global News has confirmed belonged to Trina Hunt.

Story continues below advertisement
Police remove a vehicle belonging to Trina Hunt from a Mission property.
Police remove a vehicle belonging to Trina Hunt from a Mission property. Global News

Port Moody police referred questions to the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team. IHIT did not immediately return a request for information.

Breaking news from Canada and around the world sent to your email, as it happens.


Hunt was reported missing after she was reportedly last seen by her husband on the morning of Jan. 18.

Click to play video: 'Family of murdered B.C. woman offers reward'
Family of murdered B.C. woman offers reward

A former colleague says they had received a delayed response to a text they’d sent Hunt on Jan. 17, which said the 48-year-old hadn’t been answering her phone because she was on a “digital detox.”

Story continues below advertisement

Her disappearance prompted a massive ground and air search of the area around her home, which was called off after three days.

READ MORE: ‘It just seemed strange’ — Trina Hunt’s family says text messages raise questions about her final days

Supporters then mounted a grassroots campaign that lasted for months.

On May 1, homicide investigators confirmed that human remains found in late March in Hope, B.C., were Hunt’s.


Sponsored content