Advertisement

Unattended cooking cause of Saskatoon mobile home fire

Unattended cooking was the cause of a blaze at a mobile home, according to the Saskatoon Fire Department. Adam MacVicar / Global News

Unattended cooking is being blamed for a blaze at a mobile home in a Saskatoon trailer park on Thursday morning.

Multiple calls to the Saskatoon Fire Department reported the fire in the Forest Grove neighbourhood at 7:30 a.m. CT.

READ MORE: Apartment fire in Saskatoon started on stove

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the mobile home at 101-219 Grant St.

One crew started a fast interior attack while another provided assistance with a backup line. Fire officials said the blaze was quickly brought under control.

READ MORE: Kitchen fire at The Lighthouse caused by cardboard boxes on stove

Story continues below advertisement

One person evacuated the mobile home on their own.

The fire department said damage is estimated at $30,000. No injuries were reported.