Fire crews quickly extinguished a blaze at a goat farm in Keene early Tuesday.
Just before 4 a.m., Otonabee-South Monaghan Township firefighters responded to a fire at Idyllwood Farm, a major dairy goat operation on Settlers Line, about 30 kilometres southwest of Peterborough.
Officials say more than 200 young goats were in the birthing barn where the fire originated.
The farm’s owners attempted to extinguish the fire but then called for help. Fire crews took minutes to extinguish the fire.
It’s believed the cause of the fire was due to a heat lamp used to keep the goats warm, according to fire chief Ted Bryan.
No animals were injured.