All lanes of the Gardiner Expressway are now open to traffic after repair work was completed four months ahead of schedule.
Mayor John Tory announced the news on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
- Jazz and gospel fill the church in Little Burgundy as Montreal honours Oliver Jones
- Summerland businesses face another blow as water advisory keeps doors closed
- Calgary’s tech sector sees North America’s highest growth 3 years and counting
- U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian
Last week, Tory said $3.4 million paid in “acceleration costs” has brought the expected completion date up from the original October target.
Get daily National news
The mayor also said the early finish saved the city around $120 million in lost productivity.
-With a file from Will Campbell
Comments
Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.