CALGARY – When it comes to tracking and reporting crimes, Calgary police have put everything you need in the palm of your hand with a new, free mobile app launched Tuesday.
The app is the product of months of research and consultation so that Calgarians can stay up to date and communicate with police about their experience with officers and the CPS. The app is available for download on iTunes, the Google Play Store and BlackBerry World.
Along with access to Calgary Police Service social media feeds and up-to-date news releases, features of the app include:
- Access to report crimes online – Select the incident type you want to report, but if it’s in relation to a known suspect, police urge you to call instead.
- Crime maps – You can sort for type of crime and date range, then click on your neighbourhood to see how many incidents have occurred.
- Station maps – So you can get the contact information and location of the police station nearest to you.
- Contact information along with the ability to book appointments and request traffic service from your smart device
- Share a compliment or file a complaint
- Links to a variety of resources, including crime prevention, youth programs, domestic violence, victim resources, and recruitment information
- Link to submit a tip through Crime Stoppers