PENTICTON — Set-up is well underway for this weekend’s Valley First Challenge Penticton triathlon. Now in its second year, the Challenge replaced the annual Ironman competition, with organizers boasting it as a more family friendly event, appropriate for all ages of athletes. More than 1,000 are already registered for the full distance and half distance races, which are start Sunday morning.
To make way for all the athletes, there will be many road and lane closures and detours throughout Penticton.
4:00 a.m. Sunday – 2:00 a.m. Monday
- Lakeshore Drive from Riverside Drive to Main Steet
- Main Street from Lakeshore Drive to South Beach Road
- Main Street from Lakeshore Drive to Westminster Avenue
- Skaha Lake Road northbound from Highway 97 to Kinney Avenue (local traffic allowed)
10:00 a.m. Sunday – 12:00 a.m. Monday
- Eastside road (local traffic allowed)
- Highway 97
- Highway 3A
Access to and from Main Street / South Main will be limited as well.