August 12, 2014 9:22 am

Fire crews rush to Market Mall after explosion in diamond store

CALGARY – A pressure cleaning system is being blamed for an explosion at Market Mall on Monday.

Emergency crews were called to the northwest building on Shaganappi Trail around 7:30 p.m.

When they arrived, firefighters found signs of an explosion at the rear of Maggie’s Diamond Boutique.

It is believed that a malfunctioning pressure cleaning system ruptured and damaged the store.

Investigators say no one was injured.

Calgary Fire Crews responded to reports of an explosion in a jewelry store at Market Mall on Monday, August 11th, 2014.

Global News

Comments