Advertisement

Groping case against actor Kevin Spacey dropped by prosecutors

Prosecutors drop groping case against actor Kevin Spacey
ABOVE: Prosecutors drop groping case against actor Kevin Spacey

Prosecutors have dropped a case accusing Kevin Spacey of groping a young man at a Massachusetts resort island bar in 2016.

READ MORE: Man who says Kevin Spacey groped him invokes Fifth Amendment right

The Cape and Islands district attorney said Wednesday that they dropped the indecent assault and battery case brought against the actor last year.

Spacey was accused of getting an 18-year-old man drunk and then groping him at a Nantucket restaurant and bar where the teen worked as a busboy.

WATCH: Accuser of Kevin Spacey pleads the Fifth about missing cellphone, a move that could threaten prosecution’s case

Accuser of Kevin Spacey pleads the Fifth about missing cellphone, a move that could threaten prosecution’s case
Accuser of Kevin Spacey pleads the Fifth about missing cellphone, a move that could threaten prosecution’s case

Spacey denied the allegations.

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: Kevin Spacey accuser drops lawsuit against actor

The case was hobbled after Spacey’s accuser invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and refused to testify about text messages the defense claims were deleted.

The accuser had been ordered to testify about a cellphone he used the night of the alleged assault. He was supposed to turn it over to the defense but said it was missing.