Quebec Health Minister Gaétan Barrette announced plans to improve seniors care throughout the province Monday, starting with an investigation into the current state of affairs.
The announcement comes more than a year after he ordered public sector orderlies to stop giving seniors black market baths.
Last year, news emerged some orderlies were being paid directly by residents to give them more than the allotted one bath per week.
Barrette said his plan is to fully review the system that is currently in place by visiting care facilities across the province.
Along with experts, union representatives and workers, the minister said he hopes to find what works best in certain facilities and spread their expertise throughout the network.
According to Barrette, consultations will allow the government to weed out ineffective practices and improve overall performance and quality of care.
Barrette made it a point to say his plan will involve a process of reinvestment, but has not said anything about a change in the budget thus far.