Curbside giveaway weekend kicks off in Winnipeg
WINNIPEG — If you’re looking to get rid of some of your old and unwanted goods, place them outside along the curb this weekend and they could find a taker.
The City of Winnipeg’s fall giveaway weekend takes place Sept. 10 to 11 and gives residents their second chance of the year to get rid of unwanted household items they may no longer need.
Residents are encouraged to place their items at the curb on the front street. Each item should be clearly labeled with a “free” sticker or sign. If there are items outside that are not intended to be taken, they should be stored out of sight. Any and all leftover items are to be removed from the curb by dusk on Sunday night.
Do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe.
- Items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding).
- Toilets with a flush volume of 13 litres or more.
For those looking to take advantage of giveaway weekend, the city has a few words of advice:
- Only take items that are marked “free.”
- Make sure the items you’re picking up are in good condition before you take them home.
- Do not walk or drive onto private yards, lawns or gardens.
- Don’t discard any items on private property.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block driveways with your vehicle).
- Watch out for children.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.