WINNIPEG — Global News Winnipeg nabbed six nominations for this year’s Prairie Region RTDNA awards, including one for best long feature and another for best sports story.
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) Awards recognize journalists, stations, programs and newsgathering organizations in television, radio and online mediums.
We are nominated for the following categories:
- Charlie Edwards Award, Spot News (Digital) – Winnipeg Letter Bomber
- Charlie Edwards Award, Spot News (Television) – Winnipeg Letter Bomber
- Dave Rogers Award, Long Feature – Focus Manitoba: Women Redefined
- Sports Award, Large Market – Focus Manitoba: Tyler Fong
- Sports Award, Large Market – Evening News: Jamal Lyles
- Trina McQueen Award, Television News Information Program – Focus Manitoba: Picture This
Focus Manitoba has been nominated for several awards, including Long Feature for the story Women Redefined. Lauren McNabb talked with women who have been treated for breast cancer, and took images of their beautiful scars in hopes of empowering others diagnosed with the disease.
WATCH: Breast cancer survivors empower others through images of their ‘journey written on their skin’
McNabb’s story on Tyley Fong is also up for an award. This story looks at the remarkable recovery of a Manitoba Bison’s player, who fell 48 metres down a waterfall, causing several injuries.
WATCH: Tyler Fong tells his story of survival
Last year, Global News was nominated for 12 national RTDNA awards, including one nomination in every digital category.
The RTDNA Awards will be handed out in Medicine Hat, Alta. on April 23.