SASKATOON – Mark Jan. 15, 2016 on your calendars. The Saskatchewan Rush will make their National Lacrosse League (NLL) home debut at SaskTel Centre when they take on the Vancouver Stealth.
The Rush open the NLL season two weeks before that when they take on the Calgary Roughnecks Jan. 2, 2016.
The NLL announced its 2016 regular season schedule Tuesday as the league gets ready to celebrate its 30th anniversary.
Eight teams will be looking to dethrone the defending league champion, Rush, who moved to Saskatoon in the off-season after spending a decade in Edmonton.
Saskatchewan and Toronto Rock, who the Rush beat to capture the NLL Champion’s Cup Final last season, will meet in a home-and-home series on March 25, 2016, in Toronto and the following night in Saskatoon.
A number of Rush players are returning for the 2016 season including MVP candidate Mark Matthews, goalie of the year front-runner Aaron Ward, and defensive player of the year nominees Kyle Rubisch and team captain Chris Corbeil.
Season tickets for Rush home games go on sale in mid-September.
The Rush’s 2016 regular season schedule:
- Jan. 2 – Rush @ Calgary
- Jan. 15 – Vancouver vs. Rush
- Jan. 29 – Colorado vs. Rush
- Feb. 5 – Calgary vs. Rush
- Feb. 11 – Rush @ Colorado
- Feb. 19 – Rochester vs. Rush
- Feb. 26 – Buffalo vs. Rush
- Feb. 28 – Rush @ Calgary
- March 12 – Georgia vs. Rush
- March 19 – Rush @ Vancouver
- March 25 – Rush @ Toronto
- March 26 – Toronto vs. Rush
- April 2 – Calgary vs. Rush
- April 8 – Rush @ New England
- April 15 – Rush @ Colorado
- April 16 – Colorado vs. Rush
- April 23 – Rush @ Vancouver
- April 30 – Rush @ Rochester
The 2016 NLL playoffs start on May 6, 2016.
David Giles contributed to this story