The City of Moncton has provided details regarding Tuesday’s scheduled regimental funeral to honour three RCMP officers who were killed last week.
The service, which is scheduled to take place Tuesday at 1 p.m., will be held at the Moncton Coliseum.
Friday evening, hundreds attended a candlelight vigil outside Codiac RCMP headquarters, laying flowers on the steps of the building in memory of Const. Dave Ross, Const. Fabrice Gevaudan and Const. Douglas Larche.
Earlier on Friday, 24-year-old Justin Bourque appeared in court, charged with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder.
To accommodate the funeral service on Tuesday, Codiac Transpo transit service will be suspended for the entire day.
In addition, several roads near the Coliseum will be closed on Tuesday:
- Access to the Coliseum parking lot will be restricted from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Killam Drive, between Worthington Avenue and Ayer Avenue, will be closed to all through traffic from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Russ Howard Drive will be closed to all through traffic, between the Collishaw roundabout and Millennium Boulevard, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Millennium Boulevard will be closed to all through traffic, between Pacific Street and Killam Drive, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
View the street closures below:
With thousands of police officers from across Canada expected to attend and limited seating available in the arena where the service will be held, Moncton has partnered with several venues where people can gather to mourn:
- Moncton City Hall lobby – 655 Main St., Moncton – service in French
- Dieppe Arts and Cultural Centre – 225 seats – 331 Acadie Avenue, Dieppe – service in French
- Capitol Theatre – 780 seats – 811 Main St., Moncton – service in English
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church – 500 seats – 5 Fatima Dr., Riverview – service in English
- Wesleyan Celebration Centre – 1820 seats – 954 St. George Blvd, Moncton – service in English
The city is also asking any volunteers who wish to host a visiting police officer who’s attending the funeral to sign up online or call (506) 869-6905 for details.
With files from The Canadian Press