November 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Rob Ford’s ‘more than enough to eat at home’ comment causes a stir

Video: Rob Ford makes sexually explicit comments while denying latest allegations. Discretion is advised

TORONTO – Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has apologized for extremely crude language he used on live TV Thursday morning.

Story continues below

READ MORE: Mayor Rob Ford apologizes for graphic remarks, seeking ‘professional’ help

“I want to apologize for my graphic remarks this morning,” said Ford during a press conference at city hall Thursday afternoon.

Earlier in the day, Ford used coarse language to say he never told a female staffer he wanted to have oral sex with her.

READ MORE: Councillors turn their back to Mayor Rob Ford in protest

The mayor said he’s “happily married” and has “more than enough to eat at home.”

Ford made the comments as he denied reports that he made lewd comments to a female staffer last year.

MORE: Mayor Rob Ford to seek legal action against former staffers over allegations in police documents

Video: Councillor Janet Davis calls Mayor Ford’s comments “repugnant and deplorable.”

Councillor Janet Davis said she was shocked at Ford’s comment.

“I heard the mayor make statements I found repugnant, distasteful, hateful and misogynist about a former staff person and his wife. I have never heard such disgraceful language and statements made in the public realm by an elected official, ever.”

Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, who sponsored a motion yesterday urging Ford to take a leave of absence, called the mayor’s use of the P-word “completely unacceptable” and is calling on him to resign.

READ MORE: How to talk to your kids about Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

“The mayor of our city should not be using language like that; he shouldn’t be speaking about women like that,” said Minnan-Wong. “He crossed the line. No apology would suffice in this circumstance. He has to resign. There’s no doubt in my mind that he should be the mayor to this city.”

On Twitter, the Toronto Argonauts released the following statement in a series of tweets.

Others also turned to social media to share their reaction:

November 14, 2013

Ford is also threatening legal action against staff members for suggesting at least one of his female companions was a prostitute.

None of the allegations have been proven in court.

-with files from The Canadian Press

© Shaw Media, 2013

Report an error

Comments