October 3, 2015 3:07 pm
Updated: October 7, 2015 3:30 pm

Murder-suicide in Fort Saskatchewan: Ex-boyfriend shot mom of 5, then himself

WATCH ABOVE: Global News has learned the identity of one of two people found dead at a home in the West Park area of Fort Saskatchewan. Lisa Wolansky reports.

A A

EDMONTON — RCMP confirmed Tuesday that a man and woman who were found dead outside a Fort Saskatchewan home Friday morning died of gunshot wounds.

RCMP said Colleen Sillito-Kruger, a 46-year-old mother of five, was shot to death by 54-year-old Paul Jacob before he turned the gun on himself. Global News has confirmed Jacob was Sillito’s ex-boyfriend.

Story continues below

Police also confirmed both the bodies were found on the driveway of the home in the West Park community. Two members of Sillito’s immediate family were inside the home at the time of the shooting, but were physically unharmed, police said Tuesday.

READ MORE: Fort Saskatchewan shooting highlights tragedy of domestic violence

Sillito was a local artist and photographer. According to a May 2014 article published in the Fort Saskatchewan Record, Sillito previously had her artwork showcased at the Shell Theatre art gallery.

READ MORE: Memorial service planned for Fort Saskatchewan mother killed in murder-suicide 

Global News has confirmed one of two people found dead in a Fort Saskatchewan home Friday is Colleen Lois Sillito.

Credit: Smugmug.com

On Saturday, Sillito’s boyfriend Michael Cameron took to Facebook to express his grief. He posted a video compilation of the two of them together, saying “her legacy will live on.”

READ MORE: Mom found dead outside Fort Saskatchewan home ‘seized every moment’: boyfriend

Officers were called to the Fort Saskatchewan home at around 6:20 a.m. Friday for a complaint of shots fired. A neighbour told Global News he heard two gunshots, and saw a truck running outside the home that appeared to be at the centre of the police investigation. That truck was later towed.

READ MORE: 2 bodies found in Fort Saskatchewan home after neighbours hear gunshots

According to a land title search, the Fort Saskatchewan home was owned by Jacob.

According to court documents, a year-long peace bond was issued in June, restricting Jacob from going to the home unless accompanied by RCMP. The bond was a result of a charge of uttering a threat to cause bodily harm. Jacob was never convicted of that charge.

In July, Jacob violated the bond and in September he pleaded guilty to breaching the bond, which was to abstain from communicating directly or indirectly with Sillito.

Paul Jacob.

Credit: Paul Jacob's Facebook Page

 

The front entrance of the home was boarded up Saturday afternoon and a single bouquet of flowers was placed near the front garage door.

 

 

© 2015 Shaw Media

Report an error

Comments

Comments closed.

Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.

Please see our Commenting Policy for more.